Israel and India have made an agreement on July 15, 2020, to expand their cooperation in the field of Cybersecurity. This agreement comes as a significant move during the COVID19 pandemic which has pushed Governments across the world to ramp up their initiatives of digitization. This has also served as an opportunity for cybercriminals to attack the unaware and uninformed public.
The MoU agreement was signed in Israel between the Director-General of Israel’s National Cyber Directorate (INCD), Yigal Unna, and India’s Ambassador to Israel, Sanjeev Singla.
The key points in the agreement are:
- INCD and the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team, a unit under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology signed the agreement.
- The agreement will enhance in-depth operational cooperation between the two sides.
- The scope of the exchange of information on cyber threats to increase the level of protection will expand.
- Establishment of a framework for dialogue.
- Cooperation in capacity building.
- Mutual exchange of best practices in Cybersecurity.
- Facilitating regular exchanges.
“Deepening cooperation with India is another important step in confronting global cyber threats. Israel can contribute from its experience. It can benefit from the vast experience gained in India in dealing with cyber-attacks,” Mr Unna to the PTI after signing the agreement
The INCD press release stated, “India and Israel have been cooperating in the cyber field since January 2018. Thus a new agreement is another opportunity to reaffirm the mutual commitment between the two countries. Since the initial agreement, industry and government officials have organised professional seminars. Officials from both countries have made reciprocal visits.”
In July 2017, when the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi had visited Israel, he identified cybersecurity as an important domain of cooperation. A year later, when the Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu visited India he finally inked the agreement.
Read about the news from the articles below:-